Culture and Sport
With this sector we have the following project
About half of the physical decline associated with ageing may be due to a lack of physical activity. Without regular exercise, people over the age of 50 years can experience a range of health problems including:
- Reduced muscle mass, strength and physical endurance
- Reduced coordination and balance as well as joint flexibility and mobility
- Reduced cardiovascular, respiratory function and bone strength
- Increased body fat levels and blood pressure
- Increased susceptibility to mood disorders, such as anxiety and depression
- Increased risk of various diseases including cardiovascular disease and stroke.
Many older people believe that exercise is no longer appropriate.
Ejo Heza Foundation Initiated a Sporting Team for older age “Muzehe Football Team”. It is a football team composed of aged people. The team is helping olders to live long and pull them from solitariness and give him chance to be physically redressed. We train older People to play football in order to make their muscles dynamic, improves their cardiorespiratory fitness through regular exercise, burns kilojoules, increases muscle mass and speeds the metabolism.
Together, these physiological changes help an older person to maintain an appropriate weight for their height and build…